Palak Methi Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 89 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47956 times
A batter of chola dal is fortified with a couple of tasty greens and cooked into yummy dhoklas that have a tempting aroma and nice flavour.
Since spinach and fenugreek leaves are used, this non-fried snack also imbibes the characteristic flavour of fenugreek, which is very appetizing.
A dash of green chilli paste boosts the flavour of the Palak Methi Dhokla even more, making it a super-hit dhokla that everyone will love.
You can also try other non-fried snacks like Patra and Non Fried Pakodi Chaat .
- Clean, wash and soak the chola dal in enough water for at least 6 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Put in a mixer along with approx. ¾ cup of water and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add the spinach, fenugreek, oil, ginger-green chilli paste, asafoetida and salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle the fruit salt and add 2 tsp of water evenly over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Pour half the batter immediately into a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it to make an even layer.
- Steam for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Cool slightly and cut into equal pieces.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 1 more thali.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.