Non Fried Pakodi Chaat, Healthy North Indian Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 11 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5087 times
You are sure to enjoy this scrumptious chaat made with healthy non-fried moong dal pakodis. Absolute joy with no guilt attached!
Here, the pakodis are cooked in a different way on the tava instead of deep-frying them. Thereafter, a splash of curds and chutneys add a flavourful touch to the pakodis, transforming them into a yummy chaat.
We have used a small amount of sweet chutney in the Non-Fried Pakodi Chaat, but you can avoid even that if you want. The green chutney, spice powders and pomegranate are good enough to give it a taste that will please any chaat lover.
Apart from the fact that this snack is non-fried, the green moong dal and curds increase the protein content too, making it a nutritious treat that you can enjoy joyfully!
Looking for more healthy snacks? Try Healthy Momos and Oats Tikki .
- Combine the green moong dal and enough water in a deep bowl for 2 hours. Drain well.
- Blend in a mixer using ¼ cup of water till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl ,add the asafoetida, green chilli paste and salt and mix well. Keep aside.
- Just before making the pakodis, put the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the mixture. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), grease it with ¼ tsp of oil and put a small portion of the mixture at regular intervals on it. Cover them with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes.
- Smear ¼ tsp of oil evenly over them and turn them over. Again cover them with the lid and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes.
- Remove them from the tava (griddle) and immediately soak them in enough water in a deep bowl for 2 minutes. Thereafter, squeeze out the water from the pakodis and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make more pakodis. Keep aside.
- Place 4 soaked pakodis on a serving plate and spread ¼ cup of whisked curds evenly over them.
- Spread 1 tsp of green chutney and 1½ tsp sweet chutney evenly over them.
- Finally sprinkle a littles salt, 1/8 tsp of chilli powder, 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds powder, 1 tsp of coriander and 2 tsp of pomegranate evenly over them.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 5 more plates.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per plate
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.