Microwave Mug Dhokla Recipe, Khaman Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25148 times
Succulent and tasty khaman dhoklas ready in minutes, this is just perfect to appease sudden hunger pangs! The Microwave Mug Dhokla is a kind of quick, no-fuss dish that you can prepare instantly without advance planning and without sweating in the kitchen.
It is as easy as mixing a batter, filling it in a broad mug and cooking it in the microwave for a little more than two minutes. However, it must be had immediately after cooking to enjoy the fresh texture and taste. If left for a while it tends to get dry.
So, make it just when required and enjoy it immediately. Also, when filling the mug, make sure you fill only till three-fourths of the mug, leaving enough place for the batter to expand and cook.
You can also try other quick recipes in a mug like Mug Pizza or Chocolate Mug Cake .
- Combine the besan, asafoetida, green chillies, 2 tsp sugar, ginger, curds, 4 tsp of oil, salt and approx. ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Just before making the dhokla, put the fruit salt and 1 tbsp of water and mix gently.
- Immediately pour into 2 broad microwave safe mugs.
- Put 1 mug at a time in the microwave and microwave on high for 2 minutes 30 seconds. You will feel that it is overflowing but do not worry and do not open the microwave.
- Repeat step 4 to cook one more mug.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining 2 tsp of oil in small non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining 2 tsp of sugar and ¼ cup of water and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour equal quantities of the tempering on the cooked khaman and finally put coriander evenly over it.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.