Khatta Dhokla ( Quick Recipe Using Idli Batter)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 71891 times
These khatta dhoklas are very quick and easy to make. Although dhoklas taste good at room temperature too, serve them hot with green chutney and tea for a classic and complete package!
Add your private note
Khatta Dhokla ( Quick Recipe Using Idli Batter) recipe - How to make Khatta Dhokla ( Quick Recipe Using Idli Batter)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings (4 serving )
- Grease a 175 mm. (7") diameter thali using a little oil.
- Combine the idli batter, salt, asafoetida, ginger-green chilli paste, curds and rice flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the oil and mix again.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle the fruit salt and add 2 tsp of water over the batter.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently.
- Divide the batter into 2 equal portions.
- Pour one portion of the batter immediately into the greased thali and shake the thali clockwise to spread it evenly to make an even layer.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of coarsely crushed pepper powder evenly over it and steam in a steamer for 7 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Smear little oil on top, cool slightly and cut into diamond shaped equal pieces.
- Repeat steps 7 to 9 to make 1 more thali.
- Serve immediately with green chutney.
Khatta Dhokla Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.