Buckwheat Dhokla, Kutto na Dhokla
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 39 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58947 times
Lots of nutrition comes to you in the form of this stomach-friendly dhokla. The batter is easy to make – just measure the buckwheat, mix it with curds and let the batter soak for 2 hours.
The non-fermented batter also makes this Buckwheat Dhokla a good option for those suffering from acidity. Just a tad of green chilli paste and ginger paste are used to flavour this dhokla, so that it is not too spicy. Enjoy it with non-spicy minty green chutney.
Also do try other stomach-friendly recipes to snack on like Nutritious Chilas and Potato Bajra Pancake .
- Clean and wash the buckwheat in enough water only once. Washing it more will cause the starch to drain out.
- Drain the excess water using a strainer.
- Combine the buckwheat, curds and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Cover with a lid and keep aside to soak for at least 6 hours.
- Add the green chilli paste, ginger paste and salt and mix very well.
- Pour half the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali and spread evenly by rotating the thali clockwise.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 to make 1 more thali.
- Cool slightly, cut into pieces and serve immediately.
- At step 3, allow the mixture to soak for at least 6 hours in summer season. In winter season the soaking time should be increased by 1 to 2 hours depending on the temperature. This will ensure soft dhoklas as the end result.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.