by Tarla Dalal
- हिन्दी में पढ़ें (Bread Bhajiya in Hindi)
Added to 673 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 90433 times
Bread is a versatile ingredient that can be used for not just for toast and sandwiches, but also for delicious desserts and crunchy snacks!
These tasty Bread Bhajias, made with a spicy batter of besan, crumbled bread, onions, green chillies, etc., is superb for Evening Tea Snacks , especially on wet monsoon days.
To attain perfectly crunchy bhajias, deep-fry as soon as the mix is ready, to prevent it from becoming watery.
- Remove the crust from all the bread slices.
- Tear the bread into very small pieces, add into a deep bowl along with all the remaining ingredients and ¼ cup of water and mix well till smooth.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and drop spoonfuls of the mixture in hot oil using your fingers and deep-fry, a few at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
Bread Bhajiya Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per bhajia
|Vitamin A||50.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||2.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.