Fried Mozzarella Sticks
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 183 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 76666 times
Mozzarella is synonymous for cheese in italy. Naples is the city of origin for this cow's milk cheese characterised with a chewy, stringy texture. Sticks of mozzarella cheese are coated with a herbed flour batter, rolled in bread crumbs and then deep fried in smoking hot oil to make this tongue tickling starter! eat these sticks as soon as they are fried to get the taste of melted cheese. Coat the cheese sticks completely with the flour batter and bread crumbs to prevent the cheese from oozing out of the covering when it is being fried. This recipe is an absolute hit with everyone who eats it! i like to serve these sticks with the tomato and red wine sauce but you can also serve them with tomato sauce or ketchup.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into sticks (like french fries) and freeze.
- Combine all the ingredients for the batter in a bowl and make a thick batter using approximately 1/2 cup of water.
- Dip each cheese stick into the batter and coat with a thick layer of bread crumbs, pressing them firmly. Refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
- Deep-fry a few pieces at a time in very hot oil for a few seconds till golden brown.
- Serve immediately with the tomato and red wine sauce.
Nutrient values per stick
|Vitamin A||24 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.