Kolhapuri Bhadang Murmura, Spicy Puffed Rice Chivda Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 87383 times
A handy snack of puffed rice and peanuts sautéed with garlic, curry leaves and spice powders. The addition of red chilli powder adds a spicy dimension to the Kolhapuri Bhadang Murmura, which is highlighted well by the addition of a wee bit of sugar! The crispness of the peanuts is a wonderful value-add to this snack, as it complements the melt-in-the-mouth texture of murmura quite effectively.
Make a batch of this spicy snack and keep it on hand, to munch on whenever you are hungry. You can enjoy it as it is, or with a dash of lemon juice and grated veggies like carrots and raw mango. It is also ideal to carry along when you travel because it is quite filling.
Check out for more Jar Snacks recipes that are good to munch on and keep hunger at bay.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the peanuts and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add the curry leaves, turmeric powder and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the chilli powder and salt and mix well.
- Switch on the flame, add the murmurra and sugar, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 3 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.