Healthy Khakhra Chivda, Healthy Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10596 times
This simple snack can be made in a jiffy with readymade khakhra, and is a smart way to outwit sudden hunger pangs without reaching out for junk food!
Tossed together with peanuts, daria and other crunchy stuff, this Healthy Khakhra Chivda has a very exciting mouth-feel. A couple of masalas add to the flavour making it an absolutely awesome treat.
We have avoided using sugar, which is usually added to chivdas, and we also suggest you use plain oil-free khakhra to make this snack to ensure that it is totally healthy. You can carry this chivda in an airtight container to munch on whenever you are hungry.
Try other snacks like Methi Crispies or Pav Bhaji Khakhra .
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, roasted chana dal and raw peanuts, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the the chana dal and peanuts turn light brown in colour, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the curry leaves, turmeric powder and chilli powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for a few seconds.
- Add the khakhra and little salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Cool completely and serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||73.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||1.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||12.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.