Banana Pepper Wafers
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 35 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36321 times
Crisp and flavourful Banana Pepper Wafers taste best when made the traditional way! Here, salt is added to the oil to ensure even coating on all the wafers. But, take care to reduce the flame and then add the salt-water mixture. Move away as soon as you add it, since the oil might splutter. Likewise, we would advice slicing the bananas directly into the oil, as done traditionally. If you are afraid to do so, you might slice them onto a thin muslin cloth or butter paper and then drop them in batches into the oil, but this will be cumbersome as the chips will stick to each other!
- Combine the salt and ½ cup of water in a bowl and mix well till the salt dissolves completely. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan on a high flame, peel the banana and slice it using a slicer directly into the oil.
- Lower the flame to medium, add 1½ to 2 tbsp of the salt-water mixture into the oil and toss well.
- Now allow the wafers to deep-fry on a medium flame till they turn crisp or light brown in colour from both the sides and the spluttering sound of oil-water stops, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove the wafers from the oil and drain on an absorbent paper. Sprinkle ¼ tsp of pepper powder immediately over it and toss well.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make wafers in 3 more batches.
- Cool completely and serve or store in an air tight container.
Banana Pepper Wafers Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||178.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||23 mg|
|Folic Acid||15.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.