nacho chips recipe | corn chips | homemade Mexican nacho chips | deep fried Indian style nacho chips
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 234 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 656828 times
nacho chips recipe | corn chips | homemade Mexican nacho chips | deep fried Indian style nacho chips | with amazing 15 pictures.
Who doesn’t like nacho chips? From a kid to the most elderly every one enjoys nachos. Nacho chips are supremely versatile. There’s no better option than making homemade Mexican nacho chips gulping it all down with guacamole.
Nacho chips are crispy treat for your taste buds and tooth. The characteristics of corn chips are quite different from other chips due to the combination of maize flour and plain flour.
The methods of making nacho chips is easy. They are readily available in India but making them at home is healthy and efficient. We have started with knead a dough, combine maize flour, plain flour, oil, carom seeds, dried oregano and salt. We have used little plain flour as maize flour is gluten free and doesn’t have stretchy quality and can break while rolling, so plain flour helps in binding. Knead into a soft dough, make sure it is not sticky. Divide the dough into equal portions and roll them into a roti and cut into triangles. Further take a fork, prick them so that they don’t puff up and comes out crispy. Fry them till golden brown and your fresh deep fried Indian style nacho chips are ready!
You can also store homemade Mexican nacho chips in an air tight container or atleast 15 days. corn chips makes a perfect jar snack for your kids and everyone at home. You can also make nacho chips healthy by baking it rather than frying.
Enjoy crunchy nacho chips with your favourite dip. Nacho chips can also be used to add a crunch to soups and salads like Mexican Nacho Soup and Mexican Salad. We have also used crushed nacho chips in our recipe for Burrito Bowl, a satiating one-dish meal.
Enjoy nacho chips recipe | corn chips | homemade Mexican nacho chips | deep fried Indian style nacho chips | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make nacho chips, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions.
- Roll a portion into a 250 mm. (10”) diameter circle using a little plain flour for rolling and prick it evenly with a fork.
- Cut into 16 equal triangles and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few nacho chips at a time, on a medium flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain the nacho chips on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 5 to 6 to make 32 more nacho chips in two more batches.
- Cool the nacho chips and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nacho Chips Video by Tarla Dalal
Nacho Chips recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per nacho chip
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.