Mexican Nacho Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22623 times
A bowlful that’s packed with fun! The Mexican Nacho Soup features sweet corn in a wonderfully tangy tomato base pepped up with a dash of garlic and red chillies.
But, what makes this soup a real topper is the garnish of nachos and cheese, which makes it truly, truly a-w-e-s-o-m-e.
You will enjoy the crunch of nachos, the gooeyness of cheese, a bit of tanginess, juiciness, spice... in every spoonful of this soup. Indeed, it’s an experience to savour.
Here are some more delightful soups to tickle your tongue and satiate your appetite - Butter Bean and Vegetable Soup , Chunky Vegetable Soup , Manchow Soup and Laksa Soup .
- Combine the cornflour and ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the 2 cups of water and tomatoes in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 10 to 12 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Cool completely and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Strain the tomato pulp using a strainer and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the corn, chilli flakes, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Just before serving, pour equal quantities of the soup into 4 individual bowls and sprinkle ¼th of broken nacho chips and ½ tbsp of cheese over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||885.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||44 mg|
|Folic Acid||66.6 mcg|
RECIPE SOURCE : Corn
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.