Aloo Bhujia, Potato Sev, Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6242 times
Made with a dough of mashed potatoes, besan and rice flour, the Aloo Bhujia has a melt-in-the-mouth texture. It also has an awesome flavour, with the spiciness of garam masala and the exhilarating tang of dry mango powder.
With a perfect blend of spices, this recipe gives you an authentic flavour just like what you get in the market. Enjoy it with a cup of hot tea .
You can also try other recipes like Methi Puri or Healthy Khakhra Chivda .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Put one portion of the dough in a greased smallest small hole sev "press" mould, press it properly and cover it with the lid.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, press out thin strands of the sev in batches into the hot oil and deep-fry on a slow flame till they turn light brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to deep-fry the remaining sev.
- Keep aside to cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Transfer the sev into a deep bowl, add the black salt and chaat masala evenly over it and break into pieces while mixing it with your hands.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per cup
|Vitamin A||321.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2 mg|
|Vitamin C||3.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||108.9 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.