Bread Aloo Chaat, Bengali Street Food
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5869 times
A delicacy from the streets of Calcutta, the Bread Aloo Chaat is a chatpata treat with a blast of flavours and multiple textures.A layer of sliced bread is topped with a flavourful potato mixture, and served with a garnish of peanuts, coconut and sev.
While the chutneys and spice powders give this chaat a mouth-watering taste, the garnishes give it a delectable crunch.
Serve this snack immediately after preparation to enjoy the crunchiness and peppy taste.
Also do try other delicacies made with bread like Bread Pizza , Bread Upma and Bread Fritters .
- Cut each bread slice into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Heat the mustard oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the potatoes and salt and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer it in a deep bowl, add the khajur imli ki chutney, green chutney, onions, papdi, sev, chilli powder, lemon juice, coriander and little salt and mix well.
- Arrange all the bread pieces on a serving plate, spread the prepared potato mixture evenly over it.
- Finally top it with the peanuts, coconut and sev evenly over it.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.