Fried Mozzarella Sticks, Homemade Fried Cheese Sticks
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 66 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29851 times
This crunchy accompaniment is cheese, cheese and cheese all the way through, so nothing can please cheese-lovers more! A simple flavouring of oregano and chilli-flakes ensures that the overall effect is very pleasing.
Fried mozzarella sticks can also be served as a party starter . Just keep a few things in mind when making it though… the oil should be very hot and the sticks should be deep-fried over a high flame. Also, you can double-coat the sticks with the batter and the crumbs so that the cheese does not ooze out of the covering.
Serve as an accompaniment to sandwiches, burgers , pastas and soups .
- Combine all the ingredients along with ½ cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well to make a thick batter. Keep aside.
- Cut the mozzarella cheese into 14 long sticks of 75 mm. (3”) x 25 mm. (1”) with 1 cm thickness.
- Dip each cheese stick into the batter so that it is evenly coated on all the sides.
- Roll the cheese sticks in bread crumbs till they are evenly coated from all the sides.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai and deep-fry 2 to 3 cheese sticks at a time on a high flame for approx. 30 seconds or till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately.
- While deep-frying, do not turn the stick too many as they might break and the cheese might ooze out.
Fried Mozzarella Sticks Video, Homemade Fried Cheese Sticks by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per stick
|Vitamin A||65.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||7.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.