Cheese and Vegetable Sticks
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 99399 times
cheese and vegetable sticks recipe | cheese and vegetable strips | cheese sticks | with step by step photos.
crispy cheese stick is a finger food for kids. Learn how to make crispy cheese stick.
There is no use of maida or excess oil in this recipe of cheese sticks. Brimming with protein, fibre and calcium – these crispy cheese sticks are definitely better than those fried snacks which kids often turn too!
To make cheese and vegetable sticks, combine the sieved wheat flour and salt and rub the butter into the flour, with the help of your fingertips till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the mixed vegetables and cheese and mix well. Add approx. 4 tbsp ice-cold water and knead into a semi-stiff dough. Roll the dough into 5” round and cut into vertical strips. Place all the strips on an un-greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C (360°F) for 40 minutes, turn the strips once after 20 minutes. Cool and serve cheese and vegetable sticks.
Vegetables add a unique twist to these scrumptious cheese and vegetable strips. They make these strips tastier.
Tips for cheese and vegetable sticks. 1. Remember to chop the veggies very finely so rolling becomes easier. 2. The sticks are thinly rolled, so check the oven after 30 minutes as every oven is different. 3. Instead of wheat flour, you can use a blend of wheat flour and jowar flour.
Enjoy cheese and vegetable sticks recipe | cheese and vegetable strips | cheese sticks | crispy cheese stick | with step by step photos and video below.
- Sieve the whole wheat flour in a bowl.
- Add the salt and mix well.
- Rub the butter into the flour, with the help of your fingertips till the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cheese and mix well.
- Add approx. 4 tbsp ice-cold water and knead into a semi-stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Lightly dust the rolling board using little whole wheat flour, place a portion of the dough on it and flatten it.
- Roll into a 125 mm (5”) diameter round and cut them vertically into medium sized strips.
- Repeat steps 6 to 8 to make more strips.
- Place the strips on ungreased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 40 minutes, turn the strips once after 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately or cool and store in an air-tight container.
Cheese and Vegetable Sticks ( Healthy Snacks for Kids) Video by Tarla Dalal's Team
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.