Vegetable Grill Sandwich ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 160 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 329608 times
A Vegetable Grill Sandwich this is, but far more exciting than the subtle continental versions!
Yes, Mumbai’s roadside vendors take pride in offering the most tongue-tickling treats of all, and this Vegetable Grill Sandwich is no different.
Made with a large assortment of vegetables, oodles of butter, a lavish splash of chutneys and a peppy sandwich masala, this snack is a real indulgence.
Also do check out for more recipes of Mumbai Street Foods like Veg Frankie, Chinese Bhel, Pani Puri and many more.
Enjoy how to make Vegetable Grill Sandwich recipe with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- To make vegetable grill sandwich, apply 1½ tsp of butter and 2 tsp of green chutney on 3 bread slices and keep aside.
- Place a slice of bread, with the buttered-chutney side facing upwards, on a clean and dry surface and arrange 8 potato slices over it and sprinkle some sandwich masala and salt evenly over it.
- Arrange 3 capsicum rings evenly over it and place another bread slice over it, with the buttered-chutney side facing upwards.
- Arrange 10 cucumber slices over it and again sprinkle some sandwich masala and salt evenly over it.
- Arrange 6 tomato slices and 3 onion slices over it and again sprinkle some sandwich masala and salt evenly over it.
- Cover it with another slice of bread with the buttered-chutney side facing downwards. Spread a little butter on the bread slice and press it lightly.
- Place the prepared sandwich in a greased and pre-heated sandwich griller by turning the sandwich upside down so that the buttered side faces downwards.
- Again spread a little butter on the bread slice and grill it for 3 to 4 minutes or till the sandwich turns golden brown in colour and crisp.
- Cut the vegetable grill sandwich into 6 pieces using a sharp knife.
- Repeat steps 1 to 9 to make 3 more grilled sandwiches.
- Serve the vegetable grill sandwich immediately with tomato ketchup and green chutney.
Vegetable Grill Sandwich Video by Tarla Dalal
Vegetable Grill Sandwich ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes ) recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwich
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.