French Fries Recipe, How To Make French Fries
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55973 times
French Fries and burgers seem to have tied the knot! It is hard to think of burgers without some form of crispy accompaniment, but of these, the common french fries are the most tried-and-test and safe combo for any type of burger.
To enhance the visual appeal, cut the potatoes into fingers of uniform sizes. This also ensures uniform cooking. Let me also share a sure-shot tip with you—parboiling the potatoes before deep-frying results in the crunchiest French Fries ever.
Our French Fries recipe with detailed step by step photos will help you make addictive potato fries easily at home.
Also, you can check out our other deep-fried potato snack recipes like Spicy Potato Wedges, Potato Nuggets and Potato Smiley
2 cups potatoes , peeled and cut into fingers salt and to taste oil for deep-frying
- To make the french fries, boil a vesselful of water with a little salt. Add the potato fingers and parboil them for 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry a few potato fingers at a time on a medium flame till they turn crisp and golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain the french fries on absorbent paper, sprinkle salt and pepper on top and toss gently.
- Serve the french fries immediately.
- For really crisp french fries, use the variety of potatoes with a higher starch content popularly known as french fries potatoes/chip potatoes. In maharashtra, they are called talegaon potatoes.
French Fries Recipe, How To Make French Fries recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.