Achar Dip, Achari Dip
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 225 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88126 times
Never before would you have experienced such a wide assortment of Indian spices in a dip! With a base of curds, tempered with five aromatic spices, perked up with coriander and green chillies, and chilled to a pleasant temperature, this lip-smacking Achaari Dip will make your taste buds tingle with joy, yearning for the next bite of dip-coated khakhras.
This dip is also nice to serve at parties to complement starters like Kebabs and Tikkis .
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and nigella seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Add the coriander, green chillies and powdered sugar and blend in a mixer to smooth paste using 2 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
- Combine the achaari mixture, curds and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve chilled with khakhras.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.