achari dip recipe | healthy achar dip | Indian achari dip |
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 244 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 126773 times
achari dip recipe | healthy achar dip | Indian achari dip | with amazing 15 images.
achari dip recipe is an Indian dip made with a base of curds, tempered with five aromatic spices, perked up with coriander and green chillies, and chilled to a pleasant temperature. This lip-smacking achari dip will make your taste buds tingle with joy.
The achari dip is really quick and easy to make. All you need to do is hang the curd well in advance and keep aside. Further, take oil in a small pan, add fennel seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, methi seeds, kalonji, asafoetida and cook them for a while. Once cooked, let them cool. Transfer to a mixing jar along with coriander leaves, green chillies, powdered sugar and little water and blend everything well. Next, combine hung curd with the prepared achari mixture, whisk well. Make sure it has no lumps. Your achari dip is ready.
Refrigerate achari dip for one hour and serve chilled with whole wheat methi khakhras, cucumber sticks and carrot sticks.
See why we think this is a healthy achar dip? Made from curds, coriander and Indian spices, this is a perfect accompaniment. Curds help in digestion as it has very good bacteria. They help in weight reduction, good for your heart and build immunity. If you are on a weight loss schedule, then use low fat curds. You can skip the sugar in the recipe as its there to offset the sourness of curd.
This healthy achar dip is also nice to serve at parties to complement starters like Kebabs and Tikkis.
Enjoy achari dip recipe | healthy achar dip | Indian achari dip | with detailed step by step photos and video below.
- Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan, add the fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and nigella seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and mix well.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Add the coriander, green chillies and powdered sugar and blend in a mixer to smooth paste using 2 tbsp of water. Keep aside.
- To make achari dip, combine the achaari mixture, curds and salt in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve the achari dip chilled with khakhras.
Achar Dip, Achari Dip Video by Tarla Dalal
Achar Dip, Achari Dip recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.