Whole Wheat Methi Khakhras
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 103 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24039 times
These make an excellent substitute for biscuits. Whole wheat provides excellent fibre to relieve your digestive problems. Methi increases the iron and calcium content of the recipe. Have these for your early morning dry carbohydrate snack during the first trimester, as they will help keep nausea at bay. Have them early in the morning before your breakfast.
- To the fenugreek leaves, add the ajwain, sesame seeds, chilli powder, turmeric powder, oil and salt and mix well for 2 minutes until the leaves become soft.
- Add the flour and knead into a dough, adding just enough water to make a firm dough.
- Divide the dough into 15 portions and roll out each portion into very thin circles, using a little flour.
- Cook one portion lightly for a few seconds on both sides on a tava (griddle).
- Apply a little ghee or oil on the khakhra.
- Repeat for the remaining portions.
- Cook again on a slow flame until crisp using a little pressure with help of a cloth.
- Cool and store in an air-tight jar.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.