Schezuan Fries Hot Dog Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 25 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7937 times
Deep-fried potato fingers, sautéed with crunchy veggies and tangy sauces makes a yummy filling for hot dog rolls.
A dash of mayonnaise adds to the zesty flavour of the filling and makes the sandwich a bit creamy too, balancing the texture very well.
Loaded with potatoes and veggies, this multi-flavoured Schezuan Fries Hot Dog Sandwich is filling enough to have as a meal.
A bowl of your favourite soup will make a fitting accompaniment to this filling sandwich.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick pan, add the potato fingers and deep-fry, a few at a time, on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the spring onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the schezuan sauce, tomato ketchup and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potato fries, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Cut each hot dog roll horizontally into 2 equal halves.
- Place all the hot dog roll halves on a clean, dry surface. Apply a little melted butter on both the sides of each halve.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook all the hot dog roll halves on it till they turn light brown in colour from both the sides.
- Place both the halves of hot dog roll on a clean, dry surface. Apply 1 tbsp of mayonnaise on each halve.
- Put a portion of the schezuan fries evenly over the lower halve of the hot dog roll. Cover with the upper halve of the hot dog roll with the mayonnaise side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 2 more schezuan fries hot dog sandwiches.
- Serve immediately.
Schezuan Fries Hot Dog Sandwich Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values per sandwiche
|Vitamin A||545.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.3 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||2.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||30.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||19.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.