Black Bean and Caramelized Onion Burger
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1794 times
The Black Bean and Caramelised Onion Burger is an awesome snack, which brings together all-time favourite Mexican ingredients like black beans with chatpata desi flavours to make a dashing treat!
The cutlet is easy to make but super tasty. You can make it even better by adding carrots and capsicum to the cutlet mixture, if you wish.
The blend of spices and spice powders including chaat masala gives this cutlet a really exciting flavour, which is moderately spicy. You can alter the spice levels according to your taste. Just make sure you drain the black beans well so that the cutlet mixture’s consistency is right.
This tongue-tickling cutlet teams up with caramelised onions and burger must-haves like mayonnaise, lettuce, etc., to make a scrumptious burger that everyone will love.
other Burger recipes like Pav Bhaji Burger or Paneer and Green Peas Burger.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix very well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter thick flat cutlet.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease with 1½ tbsp of oil. Place the cutlets on it and cook them on a medium flame using the remaining ½ tbsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, sugar and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 6 to 8 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on both the sides of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a non-stick tava (griddle). Keep aside.
- Place 2 buttered burger bun halves on a clean, dry surface and spread ½ tbsp of mayonnaise on each halve and spread it evenly.
- Place a lettuce leaf on a lower buttered mayonnaise burger bun halve and place a cutlet over it.
- Put the cheese slice, a portion of the caramelized onions evenly over it.
- Cover with an upper half of the bun with the buttered mayonnaise side facing downwards. And press it lightly, secure using a toothpick.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 make 2 more burgers.
- Serve immediately with coleslaw and french fries.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per burger
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.