Tava Cheese Burger, Quick Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 29 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 18899 times
Imagine a burger cooked in total desi style – well, that’s what the Tava Cheese Burger is. Buttered and tava cooked burger buns are stuffed with an awesomely masaledar mixture of sautéed veggies and cheese flavoured with an assortment of spice powders including chatpata garam masala and chaat masala.
Having said that, we need speak no further about the tongue-tickling taste or absolutely exciting mouth-feel of this snack. The mild, buttery crispness of the buns and the succulence of the spicy stuffing all blend together beautifully in each bite, giving you an out-of-the-world experience. Serve it immediately to enjoy the buttery taste.
Have a go at other desi style burgers like Pav Bhaji Burger or Batata Vada Burger .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and capsicum and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, carrot, coriander, chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes ,while mashing it lightly using a back of a spoon.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese and mix well. Keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 3 equal portions.
- Slit a burger bun till 3/4th. Fill a portion of the stuffing in it evenly.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) , put 1 tsp of butter on it and cook the burger till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 2 more burgers.
- Serve immeidately.
Tava Cheese Burger Video by Tarla Dalal
Tava Cheese Burger, Quick Snack recipe with step by step photos
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic.
- Now add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute. Indian patty and cutlet stuffing are surely incomplete without onion and garlic.
- Add the tomatoes. This being a desi style burger, we are using an assortment of veggies and spices.
- Furthermore, add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the boiled potatoes and carrot. To perk up the burger stuffing, you can add any other vegetables of your choice like bell peppers, green peas, corn.
- Now, add the coriander.
- Finally add chilli powder, turmeric powder, chaat masala, garam masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while mashing it lightly using a back of a spoon. All the spices can be adjusted as per your liking.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese. Be generous while adding cheese as we want that gooey mouthfeel while eating.
- Mix well and your Tava cheese burger stuffing is ready. Keep aside.
- Divide the tava cheese burger stuffing into 3 equal portions.
- Slit a burger bun till 3/4th. Learn how to make burger buns at home. You can also use multigrain or whole wheat burger buns for a healthier option.
- Fill a portion of the stuffing in it evenly. This is similar to what we do for Dabeli.
- Heat a non-stick tava/tawa (griddle) , put 1 tsp of butter on it.
- Cook the burger till it turns golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Repeat steps 1 to 5 and make 2 more burgers. Serve immediately with crunchy potato chips.
- Other options for sides are fruity salads like the Apple and Lettuce Salad with Melon Dressing, Cabbage and Grape Salad or Coleslaw and Cheese and Herb Potato Fries.
Nutrient values per burger
|Vitamin A||879.8 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.4 mg|
|Vitamin C||26.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.8 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.