Homemade Burger Buns
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31039 times
Burgers are great fun to make at home because you can stash in all the wonderful things you like, leaving out the stuff you aren’t particularly fond of!
Try this recipe and you will realize that it is even more fun to make it from scratch, including the buns. These Homemade Burger Buns are super soft and taste much better than the buns you get in stores.
Burgers made from fresh, warm buns also turn out to be tastier than those made with readymade buns! Just perfect, these buns are definitely worth a try. They stay fresh in a dry, airtight container for two days.
Use these buns to make burgers like the Veggie Burger and Rajma Burger .
- Combine the yeast, 1 tbsp of sugar and 2 tbsp of warm water in a deep bowl, mix well cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, milk powder, remaining 1 tbsp of sugar, salt and the prepared yeast mixture, mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Add the soft butter and knead well till smooth.
- Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep it aside for 1 hour in a warm place.
- Put the dough onto a floured board and knead again using little flour till smooth.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of the dough into a smooth round. Place them on a baking tray at regular intervals.
- Cover it again with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes or till it doubles in size.
- Brush the dough with little milk and sprinkle ¼ tsp of sesame seeds over each bun.
- Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 15 minutes.
- Brush ¼ tsp of butter evenly over each burger bun.
- Cover it with a damp muslin cloth for 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Serve or use as required.
Homemade Burger Buns recipe with step by step photos
Q. Can i use fresh yeast? how much quantity of fresh yeast should i use to make the Burger Buns? Yes, you can use fresh yeast. Use 12gm of fresh yeast instead of dry yeast to make Burger Buns.
Q. My Burger Buns came out undercooked? There can be two reasons for this 1. Bake the Buger Buns for a a little longer time. Baking time varies from oven to oven. 2. The burger buns were underproofed, wait until they double in size before baking.
Q. Can i make the Burger Buns using whole wheat flour? Yes you can make them using whole wheat flour. Replace the Maida in the recipe with same amount of whole wheat flour. Make sure you knead it well before shaping.
Nutrient values per burger bun
|Vitamin A||137.1 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.9 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.1 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.3 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.