Methi Puri Recipe, Crisp Indian Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5214 times
A blast of flavour and an attack of crunchiness... your taste buds are in for an exciting adventure with these Methi Puris!
A traditional Indian jar snack, these crisp Methi Puris are made with a dough of whole wheat flour, spruced up with fenugreek leaves and spices.
The mild bitterness and strong aroma of methi are really enchanting, and sure to tantalize your taste buds. You can serve the Methi Puris with tea to make it a special evening!
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 40 equal portions.
- Roll each portion into a circle of about 75 mm. (3") diameter and prick them using a fork at regular intervals.
- Repeat step 3 to make 39 more puris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry, a few puris at a time, on a medium flame till they are crisp and turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per puri
|Vitamin A||33.7 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||1 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.