Til Jowar Puri, Sesame Seeds and White Millets Cracker
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 37685 times
til and jowar puri | sesame seeds and white millet cracker | with amazing images.
Easy to make, Til and Jowar Puri is an iron-rich snack ideal for anytime and anywhere munching.
Both the major ingredients of this sesame seeds and white millet cracker recipe – jowar flour and til are brimming with iron. Enough amounts of iron in the body ensures no weakness and tiredness. In other words, iron is the key nutrient in the body to keep fatigue away and increase concentration.
Moreover these Til and Jowar Puris aren’t deep-fried, so there is no worry of excess calories and weight gain as well. Baked to perfection, these garlicky flavoured til jowar puris are sure to tempt you try them again and again.
You can make these Sesame Jowar Puris when you have time on hand and carry them to work. Relish and share them with your friends and colleagues and spread the message of Good Health.
Aside from til jowar puris, try other iron rich snacks like Cauliflower Greens Mixed Sprouts Tikki and Quinoa Red Chawli Leaves Khakhra to increase your haemoglobin count and prevent anaemia.
Enjoy how to make Til Jowar Puri recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- To make til jowar puri, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough warm water (approx. 5 tbsp).
- Divide the dough into 22 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 50 mm. (2") diameter circle using a little jowar flour for rolling.
- Arrange half the til jowar puris on a greased baking tray, prick them using a fork at reular intervals.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes. Turn them after 10 minutes.
- Repeat the step 3 and 4 to bake the remaining til jowar puris.
- Cool the til jowar puris completely and store in an air-tight container.
Til Jowar Puri, Sesame Seeds and White Millets Cracker recipe with step by step photos
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.