Baked Oats Puri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 133 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 87416 times
baked oats puri recipe | whole wheat oats puri | Indian baked oats puri for weight loss |
Made using fibre-rich oats and whole wheat flour, the baked oats puri is flavoured with sesame seeds, garlic paste and kasuri methi too.
whole wheat oats puri is a simple recipe to make with ingredients available in most Indian kitchens. We make this healthy baked oats puri often in our house as the kids love it and I take it too office for a healthy snack.
baked oats puri is easy to make. Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water. Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling. Arrange them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes, turning them once after 10 minutes or till baked oats puri turn crisp.
See why this is a popular healthy baked oats puri recipe. Oats are a great source of protein for Vegetarians. It is rich in soluble fibre (to make it good for diabetics), which helps lower blood LDL cholesterol, the so-called "Bad" cholesterol. Whole wheat flour is excellent for diabetics as they will not shoot up your blood sugar levels as they are a low GI food. Whole wheat flour used in the puri is rich in phosphorus which is a major mineral which works closely with calcium to build our bones.
You can also try other healthy jar snacks like Crunchy Cumin Seeds Cracker and Palak Til Jowar Nimki .
- To make baked oats puris, combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Prick the rolled out puris with a fork at regular intervals.
- Arrange them on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 20 minutes, turning them once after 10 minutes or till they turn crisp.
- Serve or store the baked oats puris in an air-tight container.
- To get ½ cup of oats flour, blend ½ cup of quick cooking rolled oats in a mixer to a smooth powder.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.