Hariyali Soya Puris
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 17 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23376 times
A crisp and fun food that your kids will love to behold when they eagerly open their tiffin boxes. Made with soya flour, methi and dhania leaves, these Hariyali Soya Puris are brimful of nutrients, and offer a perfect energy boost just when your kids need it. Remember to roll the puris very thinly so they turn out crisp on deep-frying.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Prick the puris all over using a fork.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, and deep-fry a few puris at a time, on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on an absorbent paper.
- Cool completely and store them in an air-tight container or pack in a tiffin box.
Nutrient values per puri
|Vitamin A||55.3 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||2 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.