Baked Ribbon Sev, South Indian Jar Snack
by Tarla Dalal
બેક્ડ રીબન સેવ
- ગુજરાતી માં વાંચો (Baked Ribbon Sev, South Indian Jar Snack in Gujarati)
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9221 times
Ribbon sev, made of rice flour and besan is one of the most popular jar snacks in South India. We bring you this famous snack, albeit in a healthier form.
Made from a dough of besan and whole wheat flour spruced up with a dash of spices, this Baked Ribbon Sev is so healthy and equally tasty! You can store it in a dry and airtight jar and enjoy it whenever you wish.
You can also try other baked recipes like the Baked Puri , Baked Sev and Baked Nachni Chivda .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and mix well and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Grease the ribbon shaped (the one with vertical lines) press mould with 1/8 tsp of oil, put a portion of the dough into it, press it and cover it with the lid.
- Press out ribbons of the sev arranging them straight on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180ºc (360ºf) for 10 minutes.
- Cool completely, transfer the sev into a deep bowl and break it into half using your fingers.
- Store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||53.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.8 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.2 mg|
|Folic Acid||32.7 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.