Quinoa Red Chawli Leaves Khakhra
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 2440 times
Well, you’re sure to have tasted plain whole wheat flour khakhras as well as those perked up with ingredients like cumin, garlic, fenugreek leaves etc.
Here is a healthy and tasty khakhra that’s mind-bogglingly unique. Made of a mix of flours including quinoa flour and oats flour, this khakhra is fortified with red chawli leaves, sesame seeds and other flavour-enhancing ingredients.
It is so tasty that you will love munching on it. And best of all, it is awesomely healthy too! Quinoa increases your energy levels as it is rich in protein, while red chawli leaves are loaded with iron, potassium and vitamins C and E.
Apart from boosting the iron content, sesame seeds elevate the aroma, and add to the crunchiness of the Quinoa Red Chawli Leaves Khakhra. Burgeoning with nutrients, this yummy khakhra is a wonderful way to silence your hunger pangs, especially when you are in office.
Make them in batches and store in an airtight container to use as and when required. Try other khakhra recipes like Rajgira Buckwheat Brown Rice Flour Khakhra or Oats Methi Multiflour Khakhra
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a semi-soft dough using enough water
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of dough into a thin 175 mm (7”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the khakhra on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame using ¼ tsp olive oil while pressing with a khakhra press or a folded muslin cloth, till it turns crisp and golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Cool and serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.