Spicy Pudina Khakhras
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 47 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 30063 times
This Gujarati staple is traditionally made and served with a lot of ghee. Here is a healthier version made using just 1 teaspoon of oil.
Mint and chillies add flavour to this popular snack. You can use innovative toppings for added taste. Carry them with you on your travels and you'll find it much easier to make new friends!
For added flavour spread some Mint and Onion Chutney or Garlic Tomato Chutney on the khakhras and enjoy it as a tea time snack.
- Combine the mint leaves and green chillies along with ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend to a smooth paste.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients, including the mint paste, in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using water as required.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter thin circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook it on a slow flame till pink spots appear on both the sides.
- Continue cooking the khakhra on a slow flame, while pressing with a folded muslin cloth or a khakhra press, till it turns crisp and brown from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make 9 more khakhras.
- Cool and store in an air-tight container.
Spicy Pudina Khakhra (Diabetic and Low Calorie Snack) Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per khakra
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.