Masala Puri, Masala Puri For Chaat Recipes, Baked Masala Puri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 437 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66777 times
Masala Puri, one of my favourite anytime-munchies, this recipe will surely be an instant hit amongst weight-watchers. Masala Puris, which are usually fried, have been modified into this low-cal version by baking.
You can use these puris to make Sev Puri , Bhel Puri or any Chaat of your choice. A serving of 5 puris at tea time makes a satiating snack of 100 calories.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Knead again using ¼ tsp of oil and divide the dough into 24 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter thin circle. Roll 11 more puris and prick each puri evenly with a fork at regular intervals.
- Grease a baking tray using ¼ tsp of oil, arrange the puris on it and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 10 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 12 more puris in one more batch.
- Cool slightly, store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.