Mini Baked Moong Dal and Jowar Puri
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6477 times
When you feel like snacking on something, but also want to keep High Blood Pressure in check, try this delicious, nutrient-dense Mini Baked Moong Dal and Jowar Puri.
The ingredients provide ample protein, fibre and other heart-friendly nutrients, all in a low-fat, low-sodium package. The puris have very little salt, but thanks to the use of spice powders, you will never realise this.
Not only that, these puris are not deep-fried but baked for just 15 minutes. This reduces the fat content, thereby reducing the risk of blood clotting too. Store these crunchy puris in an air-tight container, to snack on when you are hungry, or to make chaats and other starters out of it.
- Blend the moong dal in a mixer to a smooth powder.
- Combine all the ingredients, including the moong dal powder, in a deep bowl and knead into a stiff dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and roll out each portion into a 50 mm. (2”) diameter circle without using any flour for rolling
- Prick each rolled out portion with a fork at regular intervals.
- Arrange them on a greased baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 15 minutes, turning them once after 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve or store in an air-tight container and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.