Black salt recipes | 399 black salt Indian recipes |
Black salt indian recipes. Black salt commonly known as sanchal, kala namak is a pungent smelling, pinkish – grey colored salt extensively used in Indian cuisine. The distinct flavor of this salt due to the sulfur is what makes it unique from table salt and sea salt. It is available as whole chunks or in powdered form.
Store it in an airtight container away from heat and moisture as they release water when in contact with humidity.
black salt beverage recipes
Pineapple Masala Drink
During summer, black salt is used to flavor cool drinks, which is a practical way to replace sodium lost through excessive perspiration. Refresh yourself with a glass of this chilled nimbu pani on a hot day! Or this cool cucumber drink that works amazingly on your body.
Have unusual concoctions like Pineapple Masala Drink, Guava and Pomegranate Drink, Lemony Lettuce Drink with your afternoon snack to complement a chatpata dish like chaat. The pleasant fragrance and soothing taste will give you a sensory reboot! Black salt is the key ingredient in preparing the teekha phudina pani for golgappa.
Guava and Pomegranate Drink, Peru Aur Anar ka Drink
Kala namak snacks recipes
Black salt is used to enhance the flavor of deep-fried foods. It is generally sprinkled over snacks like Besan masala peanuts, fried chana dal to give them a chatpata flavour. It is also used as a condiment in preparing various chaats such as Dahi vada, Bhel puri, Pani Puri .
Somedays you can substitute salt with kala namak to give a peppy flavour to stuffings of dishes like Corn, Capsicum and Cheese Paratha, Aloo Ka Bomb, Chat- Pata Pav.
Chat- Pata Pav
Sanchal is also used to make delectable accompaniments like Sweet Chutney, Teekha Pudina Chutney, Mint Raita, Bhavanagari Marcha and Flax Seed Raita.
Teekha Pudina Chutney
A dash of kala namak in making various Indian spice mixes like Chaat Masala, Peri Peri Masala, Pav Bhaji Masala, Chole Masala Powder enhances the flavour manifold.
Black salt used in Indian dry masalas
Dry masalas to make Indian curries and gravies, plays an important role in a meal, makes our work easier and quick. These masalas are very easy recipes to follow. Make these and store it in a container, trust me they are better than the store ones.
1. Chaat Masala tongue-tickling flavour to this peppy Indian chaat masala. Made of everyday spices, combined smartly with pungent ingredients like black salt and amchur powder.
Chaat Masala ( Chaat)
2. Dry Masala Powder for Mumbai Roadside Chaat a perfect blend of spices, which gives a tongue-tickling flavour and enticing aroma to the bhel and other chaats.
Dry Masala Powder for Mumbai Roadside Chaat
3. Chole Masala Powder aroma and flavour you get from homemade masala powder beats the masala powder packet you buy from the store.
Chole Masala Powder , How To Make Chole Masala Powder
4. Peri Peri Masala the term traditionally referred to spicy sauces and chilli-based powders used in barbeques. Indian style Peri peri is very easy to make and can be made in 5 mins.
Peri Peri Masala
5. Pav Bhaji Masala these spices used to make the masala are blended with the addition of mango powder and black salt to make pav bhaji masala .
Pav Bhaji Masala, Homemade Pav Bhaji Masala
6. Sandwich Masala
Black salt used in chaats
Black salt is a must in chaats recipes. The taste of the chaats are incomplete without black salt. Try the below recipes and you will never miss street food.
1. Pani Puri kids to elderly people everyone loves eating the mouth-watering puchka. Pani translates to water and puri are puffed crispy dough balls which are hallow.
Pani Puri, Paani Puri, Golgappa Recipe
2. Aloo Ka Bomb Whole potatoes scooped and stuffed with a chatpata paneer filling and topped with spicy green chutney and crispy sev.
Aloo Ka Bomb
3. Dahi Batata Puri treat that you might prefer over regular bhel or fiery pani puri on a hot summer’s day! This road side chaat is supremely flavourful.
Dahi Batata Puri, Mumbai Dahi Puri Chaat
4. Aloo Aur Shakarkand Ki Chaat Potatoes and sweet potatoes are grilled with butter, then topped with curds and spices and garnished with grated radish and spring onions.
Aloo Aur Shakarkand Ki Chaat ( Starter Recipe )
5. Hare Chane Ki Chaat Recipe a delectable blend of green chana, tomatoes, onions tossed in butter, spiked with a little chaat masala.
Roadside Hare Chane Ki Chaat, Protein and Calcium Rich
Black salt used in chutneys
It works the best in chutneys, giving that balance taste. All the below recipes works great with chaats, parathas or with any of your favourite snack.
1. Khajur Imli ki Sweet Chutney key ingredients in the preparation of chaat recipes, it doubles up as a tongue-tickling accompaniment for any snack like samosa or tikki.
Khajur Imli ki Chutney
2. Teekha Pudina Chutney deep-fried or baked snack into a mouth-watering delicacy is the deft work of the vendors, drizzling chutneys, sprinkling sev, chopped onions, tomatoes, etc
Teekha Pudina Chutney, Spicy Phudina Chutney
3. Raw Mango and Onion Chutney may surprise you, but making this a part of your daily diet helps to prevent you from sunstrokes.
Raw Mango and Onion Chutney
4. Amla Chutney easy-to-make chutney combines gooseberries with ingredients like green chillies, ginger and coriander, which balance the tartness of amla beautifully.
Amla Chutney, Gooseberry Spicy Chutney
Black salt used in Indian salads and raitas
Raita and salads are must and an important part of the meal, here are some interesting ones, which is an excellent accompaniment with your food.
1. Lauki Pudina Raita a delicious raita of bottle gourd and tomatoes, perked up with mint leaves and roasted cumin seeds. Here, we have replaced full-fat curds with low-fat curds, and also used mineral-rich.
Lauki ka Raita, Protein Rich Recipe
2. Cabbage Salad a tangy dressing with black salt, lemon juice and red chili and coriander powder, olive oil, asafoetida and black salt is the magic spell that transforms simple cabbage into such a singularly wonderful cabbage salad recipe!
3. Fresh Fruit Raita sweet and delicious raita makes use of curds-which is a powerhouse of calcium. A cup of low-fat curd meets 25% of the adult recommended dietary allowance for calcium.
Fresh Fruit Raita ( Calcium Rich Recipe )
4. Sprouts, Spring Onion and Tomato Salad an excellent source of folic acid, iron and protein. The lemony dressing adds to the goodness with an ample dose of vitamin C, especially if it is prepared just before serving.
Sprouts, Spring Onion and Tomato Salad
5. Flax Seed Raita Grated bottle gourd adds volume to this flax seed raita, while mint gives it an awesome flavour. Relish this healthy ingredient in the tastiest possible way!
Flax Seed Raita ( Omega-3 Fatty Acids and Calcium Rich Recipe )
Black salts used in Indian snacks
Snacks needs to be chatpata and interesting, specially evening snacks. Below are such recipes which are just amazing and irresistible.
1. Chorafali irresistible deep-fried fritters can be made in bulk and stored in jars. So, they come in really handy when a hunger pang strikes and you feel like munching on something!
2. Spicy Paneer On Toast a great occasional teatime snack, they make a good accompaniment to a hot, sugar-free beverage!
Spicy Paneer On Toast
3. Sukha Bhel Puri an awesomely crunchy and spicy snack, the bhel puri features puffed rice which is mixed with chutneys and spices to get a really chatpatta flavour.
Sukha Bhel ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes)
4. Stuffed Dahi Vada traditional urad vada batter is innovatively stuffed with cashews and raisins before deep-frying.
Stuffed Dahi Vada
5. Kanji Vadas are added the following day. Kanji vadas are a popular snack sold on the streets throughout Rajasthan.
6. Masala Pav a lip-smacking mixture of tomatoes, onions and other veggies spruced up with peppy pav bhaji masala.
Black salt used in Indian recipes
Indian recipes have a most usage of black salt in the recipes as it enhances the taste of the dish and makes it more tastier. Below are the recipes which are just perfect.
1. Kabuli Chana Stir- Fry dry version is a combo of chana and potatoes perked up with ginger, garlic, green chillies and chana masala powder..
Kabuli Chana Stir- Fry
2. Spicy Tava Idlis a yummy, nutritious snack, which is tantalising like junk food, but without the calories and the guilt.
Spicy Tava Idlis (100 Calorie Snacks)
3. Achari Paneer is the most commonly consumed source of protein for vegetarians. Due to its bland flavour and ability to absorb any flavour.
4. Vegetable Sandwich common fare on the Mumbai streets, this is a wholesome meal that you can feast on however short of time you are!
Vegetable Sandwich ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
5. Corn, Capsicum and Cheese Paratha adding capsicum to this combo introduces an element of colour and spice to it. These, along with everyday spice powders make a wonderful filling for Parathas.
Corn, Capsicum and Cheese Paratha ( Tiffin Recipe )
Black salt used for healthy Indian recipes
Black salt with lots of health benefits does wonders. Try these recipes with the right amount of black salt used in each recipe.
1. Sprouted Moong Salad a healthy and tummy filling recipe? Here we have got you a scrumptious healthy quick Indian salad recipe which you can relish at any point of the day
Sprouted Moong Salad
2. Fruit Chaat the perky flavours, while in the summer you will enjoy the juiciness of the fruits.
Fruit Chaat Indian Fruit Chaat Recipe
3. Chaas made from dahi (curd), water and salt. We have added a bit of jeera nad spices to give it an Indian flavour.
Chaas, Buttermilk Recipe, Salted Chaas Recipe
4. Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad chock-full of the powerful vitamins A and C, which not only ward off the evils of pollution and stress, but also tone down the negative effects of high glucose levels.
Cabbage, Carrot and Lettuce Salad
5. Pineapple Celery Juice fresh scents and peppy flavours of pineapple and celery, highlighted with a pinch of black salt!
Pineapple Celery Juice ( Cooking with 1 Tsp Oil)
6. Paneer Aur Hare Chane ka Salad with simple flavours of basic Indian spices. True to its name, this has a bountiful of nutrients to tempt you if you’re a health freak.
Paneer Aur Hare Chane ka Salad, Healthy Salads Recipe
Enjoy our collection of 399 black salt Indian recipes and do try them at your home.