Masala Pav, Microwave Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 264 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 24849 times
Want to recreate the magic of pav bhaji in a more handy and convenient format? Have a look at this Masala Pav recipe!
Here, we have sandwiched buttered ladi pav with a lip-smacking mixture of tomatoes, onions and other veggies spruced up with peppy pav bhaji masala.
The outcome is absolutely scrumptious and tasty, and utterly irresistible – for both adults and kids.
Street food lovers, especially, will go ga-ga over this creation, which brings you the same magical taste but in a handy format that can be munched on anywhere, on-the-go, at a party, or at tea-time.
We have used the Microwave oven to prepare this Masala Pav, as it greatly speeds up the process.
If you are a huge fan of Pav Bhaji, we suggest you also look at related recipes like Pav Bhaji Masala and Pav Sandwich.
Enjoy how to make Masala Pav recipe with detailed step by step photos below.
- Combine the oil, onions and garlic in a microwave safe bowl, mix well and microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, ginger, green chillies, pav bhaji masala, turmeric powder, chilli powder and black salt, mix well and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and salt, mix well and microwave on high for another 2 minutes.
- To make masala pav, divide the masala into 6 equal portions. Keep aside.
- Slit a ladi pav horizontally into 2. Apply little butter on each side of pav.
- Put a portion of the masala on one halve and close it. Put 1 more portion of the masala evenly over the pav till it gets evenly coated form all the sides and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to make 2 more masala pavs.
- Garnish with coriander and serve the masala pav immediately with onion rings and lemon wedges.
Nutrient values per masala pav
|Vitamin A||320 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.6 mg|
|Vitamin C||25.6 mg|
|Folic Acid||10.4 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.