Khapoli Vada Pav
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52282 times
Khapoli is undoubtedly the destination for vada pav! Here is the original recipe straight from the famous Khapoli batata vada experts.
- Pound the green chillies, ginger and garlic using a mortar and pestle (khalbatta).
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When they crackle, add the asafoetida and curry leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the pounded mixture and sauté again for a few seconds.
- Add the potatoes, turmeric powder and salt and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and cool.
- Divide into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a round. Keep aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and make a batter using approximately 1/3 cup of water. Keep aside.
- Dip each round of the vada filling into the batter and allow it to coat the mixture well.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the vadas till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Slice each pav into half and spread some dry garlic chutney inside.
- Place one vada in each pav and serve hot.
Nutrient values per
|Vitamin A||102.4 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||6.3 mg|
|Folic Acid||28.9 mcg|
Missed out on our mailers?
Our mailers are now online!
View Mailer Archive
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.