Khajur Imli ki Chutney
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 72 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 187822 times
Can't imagine a chaat without this chutney as it adds its unique sweet and sour taste and make it flavourful.
I used it in recipes like Soya Dahi Vadas, Ragda Patties, iron rich jaggery and dates are sweet in taste that compliments well with the sour tasting tamarind.
Use can make this chutney in bulk and store in the deep freezer for months.
- Wash the dates and tamarind and put them in a pressure cooker.
- Add the jaggery and 1 cup of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape and then blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Add 1½ cups of water, chilli powder, cumin seeds powder and salt and mix well.
- Refrigerate and use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.