Besan Masala Peanuts, Microwave Besan Masala Groundnut
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 293 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 80847 times
Crisp and spicy Besan Masala Peanuts are very popular all over India. They are flavoured in different ways – in the North, they are made with a slightly tangy flavour, while in the South it is more of spice than tang, but irrespective of the seasoning, the snack itself is very famous and much-loved by Indians.
Here we show you how to make amazing Besan Masala Peanuts easily using the microwave oven. This way, it is made with very little oil and is therefore lower in fats. You can prepare a batch and store it in an airtight container, to munch on at any time of the day, perhaps with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
Once the peanuts are cooked, cool them completely. They will be soft when hot, and get the crispness only after cooling. The time taken to cook might vary depending on the power and size of your microwave oven, so keep checking on the peanuts during step 6. However, at step 5, do not open the oven. You must open and check only after the first 4 minutes of cooking.
Try other recipes that can be made in a microwave like Poha Chivda or Microwave Popcorn .
- Combine all the ingredients, except the peanuts and oil in a deep bowl and mix well. Keep aside.
- Combine the raw peanuts and enough water in a deep bowl and immediately strain it.
- Add the strained peanuts to the besan mixture along with approx. 2 tbsp of water and mix well with a spoon.
- Add the oil and again mix well using a spoon.
- Place the peanut mixture on a big microwave safe plate and lightly spread them. Microwave on high for 4 minutes and lightly separate them.
- Again microwave on high for 1 minute and toss gently.
- Repeat step 6 two more times and cool completely.
- Serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cup
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.