Aloo Ka Bomb
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 458 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 97048 times
Our very own version of the "Baked Stuffed Potato", fondly named by street vendors as a "Bomb". Whole potatoes scooped and stuffed with a chatpata paneer filling and topped with spicy green chutney and crispy sev.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the green chillies, paneer, black salt and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Add the coriander and mint and mix well.
- Divide the filling into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cool the potatoes completely and cut each potato horizontally into 2 halves.
- Scoop the center of each potato half a little, using a spoon so that a light depression is formed for the filling.
- Fill 1 portion of the filling into each potato case and press them well so the filling does not spill out.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), place the stuffed potato cases on it with the stuffed side facing upwards and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, using a little butter.
- Turn them upside down and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Top with the sev and green chutney and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.