Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms ( Healthy Starter Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 65 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28804 times
Yum, these Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms offer the most exciting start to a meal! The best part is that they set a healthy note too, since this innovative version is prepared without cheese. Here, fresh mushrooms, stuffed with a saucy spinach mixture, is cooked in a closed Tava greased with a little bit of low-fat butter. The end-product is a fabulous tasting starter with an irresistible aroma. Not only is this dish devoid of cheese, the sauce is also made with whole wheat flour and milk rather than maida. So, you can enjoy this lovely Healthy Snacks treat occasionally without any guilt.
- Combine the whole wheat flour and milk in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the wheat flour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 to 2 minutes or till the mixture thickens, while stirring continuously. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Divide the filling into 20 equal portions and keep aside.
- Remove the stems of the mushrooms and discard them so as to form a cavity in the mushroom caps.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with a portion of the spinach filling. Keep aside.
- Heat ½ tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), arrange 10 stuffed mushrooms on it with the stuffed side facing upwards.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to cook 10 more spinach stuffed mushrooms in one more batch.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per stuffed mushroom
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.