Lemony Lettuce Drink, Lemony Lettuce and Apple Juice
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 68 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 23967 times
Lettuce is not just a salad food! Combined with lemon, this delightful juice is just the thing to revive you from that sinking feeling!
Try this unusual combination of fruits and vegetables for some real health power with a vitamin C and calcium boost in a glass. There are many types of lettuce available. Dark green varieties lend a slightly bitter taste to juices, so use only the lighter green variety of lettuce. It is easier to juice firm leaves rather than softer leaves.
A glass of Lemony Lettuce Drink with a healthy snack like Mini Jowar and Tomato Uttapa , Oats Moong Toast or Chola Dal Dhokla is a great way to start the day off on the right foot.
- Add the lettuce leaves, apple cubes and orange segments, a few at a time in the hopper.
- Add the lemon juice and black salt and mix well.
- Add some crushed ice in 2 individual glasses and pour equal quantities of the juice over it.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe doesn’t turn out good in a juicer because the texture of ingredients like apple is very hard.
- This recipe makes use of unpeeled fruits and vegetables, hence take care to clean and wash them well before chopping, to get rid of dirt, germs and chemical residues.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per small glass
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.