Mini Jowar and Tomato Uttapa
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60675 times
A sumptuous variant of the common rice and dal uttapa, the Mini Jowar and Tomato Uttapa, as the name suggests is made with a batter of jowar and urad dal.
Jowar being alkaline in nature is good for your tummy, and interestingly this batter does not require fermentation, thus ruling our the possibility of Acidity too.
Not only are these mini uttapas convenient to make, they are also super tasty thanks to the tomatoes and peppy coriander.
Try other stomach-friendly snacks like Nutritious Chilas and Potato Bajra Pancake .
- Wash and soak the whole jowar and urad dal in enough water separately overnight. Drain well.
- Combine the whole jowar, urad dal and approx. ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the ginger-green chilli paste and salt and mix well.
- Heat a mini uttapa pan and grease it using ½ tsp of oil.
- Pour small spoonfuls of the batter in each uttapa mould to make a 75 mm. (3") diameter round.
- Sprinkle little tomatoes and coriander evenly over each mini uttapa, press lightly and cook on both the sides on a medium flame using the remaining ½ tsp of oil.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per mini uttapa
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.