Last Updated : Jul 01,2020
Viewed 10360 times
What is crushed ice?
Ice can be crushed coarsely using a hammer. Ice cubes can also be crushed or sheared into irregularly-shaped flakes, adding an interesting aesthetic effect to some cocktails. Crushed ice is also used when faster cooling is desired, since the rate of cooling is governed by the number and average radius of the ice particles. For very finely crushed ice, usually a crusher is used to crush ice finely. Finely crushed ice melts quicker, and makes more of a slushy drink-perfect for summer coolers.
How to Select crushed ice
Crushed ice are also produced commercially and sold in bulk. An interesting characteristic of commercially made crushed ice is that they are completely clear and smooth.
Culinary uses of crushed ice
Juices are healthy though, but to have them chilled is just awesome. Below are recipes which will make the juice super tasty.
1. Anti Cholesterol Shake unusual combination of fruits is rich in potassium, vitamin C and fibre. Banana is an excellent source of potassium, the deficiency of which is associated with the change in the normal pattern of the heartbeat.
2. Beet Treat, Carrot Beet and Apple Juice high in carbohydrates as it contains beetroot, which is the richest source of natural sugars.
3. Apple Magic apples are a storehouse of fibre which helps to keep your digestive tract healthy.
4. Calcium Booster not only rich in calcium but also provides a treasure trove of other nutrients like vitamin C and folic acid.
Crushed ice is used for making daiquiris, slush, cold coffee, milk shakes, etc.
* Crushed ice is also used when faster cooling is desired.
* Spirits like Chambord, PAMA and amaretto are great alone or you can build a custom flavor by combining a few.
How to Store crushed ice
Store the crushed ice in an tight plastic bag in deep freezer. Recent demand for premium, safe drink ice has created a new niche market for disposable ice trays which can be cost- effectively transported or stored at room temperature.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.