·Summers are extremely hot and you need to cool your inner body and feel refreshed when you come home full of sweat. Here are recipes which are quick to make using tender coconut.
1. Honeydew and Tender Coconut Drink brings both together, to give you a refreshing drink with a soothing flavour and pleasant colour.
2. Muskmelon, Orange and Coconut Drink unusual combination of muskmelon, orange and coconut water lends a refreshing flavour to this drink.
3. Coconut Rose Drink Refresh yourself with this rejuvenating drink, which has the tingle of coconut water, the soothing texture of tender coconut meat and the pleasant aroma of rose syrup.
4. Coconut Water with Coconut Meat a refreshing drink. Coconut water with malai has a nice texture, which is quite unlike any juice you have ever had before.
You can drink the liquid that comes out of a coconut or add to other fruit juices, such as mango nectar, or pineapple or orange juice
· The coconut water can taste great in combination with fruit juices like pineapple and topped with vanilla ice cream.
· The tender coconut meat can be used for ice creams.
· Also, coconut sauce can be made, which is a great addition to baked dishes or steamed veggies.
· Use the pulp as an addition to rice or grains (coconut-raisin couscous--yum!), grated into veggies, such as carrots or green beans, chopped into hot or cold cereal, or shredded into muffins and quick breads
· More mature coconuts have sweeter juice and pulp, so adjust your seasoning accordingly.
How to store tender coconut, hara nariyal, green coconut
You can get them home at room temperature and can stay best for 2 to 3 days. Once opened, drink it full, don't store for long hours as it's best to drink coconut water fresh for optimum benefits. Coconut water might turn sour, if kept for long whereas coconut meat can be kept for 2 days.
Health benefits of tender coconut, hara nariyal, green coconut
1. High in Fiber
: Coconut meat is high in Fibre and slows the digestion process and makes you feel fuller for a longer time.
2. Digestion : The fibre in coconut adds bulk to the stool which moves the food smoother and quicker through the digestive track. This is because fibre absorbs water and add bulk.
3. Medium Chain Fatty Acids : Coconut oil and Coconut meat are medium chain fatty acids which mean they get digested much faster in the body and hence don’t contribute to cholesterol. But if you have a high cholesterol, its safer to stay clear of coconut meat. Note that the fat of Coconut meat is a healthy fat and keeps you fuller for a longer time and provides you energy.
Rich : Coconut meat is high in Potassium which Controls blood pressure and sustain cardiac health. Potassium maintains electrolyte or the acid-base balance in the body.
5. Anti-fungal and Antiviral Effect : Coconut meat has 3 medium chain fatty acids of which Lauric Acid has good anti microbial qualities and builds your immune system and gut.