Puri For Pani Puri, Puri For Golgappa, Golgappa Puri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 288 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 116776 times
We know that appalling feeling, of carefully selecting a pack of puris from the super market, only to come home and find that quite a few of them are cracked or even crushed! Stop relying on store-bought puris for your fantastic chaat creations.
Here is how you can make super-crisp and perfect Puri for Pani Puri, right at home. The semolina and plain flour dough is made with chilled soda, which makes the small puris to puff up while frying. The amount of soda needed to make the dough will differ, depending on the quality of the semolina and flour, so be mindful when mixing. You will really relish the crisp texture of these puris.
Use these puris to make Dahi Puri , Pani Puri Delight , Thai Pani Puri , Mumbai Roadside Pani-Puri and Chocolate Pani Puri .
- Combine the semolina, plain flour and salt and knead very well using chilled soda to make a semi-stiff dough. Cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead and divide the dough into 4 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Cut into 7 equal circles using a cookie cutter of approx. 37 mm. (1½“) to 50 mm. (2”) size.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 to make more circles. Keep doing till the dough is over and you get 40 circles in total.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, deep- fry few circles at a time, and press it slightly using a perforated spoon till it puffs up and are golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Remove and drain on an absorbent paper and store in an air-tight container. Use as required.
- As you are rolling the puris out make sure you keep them covered with a damp muslin cloth.
Puri For Pani Puri Video by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.