Urad Dal Puris
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 211 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 60212 times
When you want the crispiest of crisp puris, Urad Dal Puri is the best choice! Reinforcing the whole wheat dough with a paste of soaked urad dal adds bulk and crispness to the puris, while the nigella seeds impart a unique and lingering flavour to them. Enjoy these puris fresh and hot, with Dahiwali Aloo ki Subzi.
- Clean, wash and soak the urad dal with enough water in a deep bowl for 2 to 3 hours. Drain completely.
- Combine the urad dal and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the urad dal paste to a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and knead into a soft dough without using any water.
- Cover the dough with the lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Grease the rolling board lightly with the oil and roll each portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter thick circle without using any flour for rolling.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, deep-fry, a few puris, at a time till it puff-up or turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Serve immediately with the subzi of your choice.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per puri
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.