Chat- Pata Pav
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 953 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 57284 times
When you don’t have time for Pav Bhaji you can make do with this equally tempting creation! A fabulous, tongue-tickling, desi style mixture of sautéed and spiced veggies is tossed with butter and packed inside succulently fresh pav buns. Served with a garnish of lemon juice and coriander, this Chat-Pata Pav brings alive myriad flavours and textures on your palate, from the lazy comfort of butter to the crunch of veggies and the pep of spices. As far as possible, enjoy it fresh, but when you are in a rush, wrap it in aluminium foil, and enjoy it on-the-go, within an hour or so. You can also have as Evening Tea Snacks .
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the black salt and garam masala, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Divide the masala into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), add a portion of the prepared masala on it and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Slit one pav horizontally, open and place it on the masala on the tava.
- Spread the masala evenly over the pav and cook it on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the masala coats the pav evenly.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 5 more chat-pata pavs.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with lemon wedges.
Nutrient values per pav
|Vitamin A||336.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.5 mg|
|Vitamin C||15.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||8.8 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.