Pav Bhaji Sandwich
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14815 times
Pav bhaji, the evergreen snack, now in a convenient, easy-to-handle format, that you can pack in your kids’ dabba as a memorable and sumptuous treat. Mixed vegetables cooked along with tomatoes, onions, and of course, pav bhaji masala is sandwiched between butter-toasted laadi pav and packed in aluminium foil. This Pav Bhaji Sandwich is a filling and delectable snack, which stays fresh for quite some time.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, pav bhaji masala, mixed vegetables, salt and ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally and mashing it very well with a potato masher.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside.
- Slit all the pavs vertically. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle), add little butter and slit open the pavs and place on it.
- Cook on a medium flame till they turn light brown and crisp on both the sides. (add more butter if required).
- Place a pav on a clean, dry surface and spread 2 tbsp of the prepared bhaji on the lower halve and close the sandwich.
- Serve immediately or cool completely and pack in an aluminium foil and put in a dabba.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per sandwich
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.