Pav Bhaji Burger
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15455 times
Desi masti meets western format in this delectable Pav Bhaji Burger. A lip-smacking bhaji of mixed vegetables flavoured with pav bhaji masala is sandwiched between burger buns, and grilled to perfection, to form an exciting snack that will appeal to people of all age groups.
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the chilli-garlic paste and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, pav bhaji masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green peas, cauliflower, carrots, potatoes and ¼ cup of water and mix well. Mash it well using a potato masher and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well.
- Divide it into 6 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply a little butter on the insides of each half of the burger bun.
- Place the lower half of a bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered side facing upwards and spread one portion of the bhaji. Sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese and place 3 onion rings over it.
- Place the upper half of the bun over it with the buttered side facing downwards and press it lightly.
- Brush some more butter again on the top of the bun and keep aside.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 1 more burger.
- Grease the sandwich griller with a little butter and allow it to heat up.
- Place both the burgers in the griller and grill for 3 to 4 minutes or till they turn crisp and brown in colour.
- Repeat steps 2 to 7 to make 4 more burgers in 2 more batches.
- Serve immediately.
- To make 2 tbsp of the chilli-garlic paste, soak 2 whole dry kashmiri red chillies in enough warm water for 15 minutes. Drain well, combine them with 2 garlic cloves in a mixer and blend using little water to a smooth paste.
Nutrient values per burger
|Vitamin A||638 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1.3 mg|
|Vitamin C||22.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||11.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.